- About Us
Michael Gallagher Jewelers is a family owned jewelry business with over 65 years lineage in the jewelry industry. We offer Diamonds, Precious Gems, Fine Jewelry, Watches, Gifts and Collectibles, Gold and Silver Jewelry, Expert Jewelry Repair, Eyeglass Repair, Laser Repair and a Workshop on Premise. Michael Gallagher Jewelers specialty is Unique Custom Designs and Remounts. We currently have several new exclusive products under development, Diamond Teardrops & our Starlight Bead which are to be released in early Spring, 2014. We introduced our exclusive Sand Bucket Bead in December, 2013 and our exclusive Delaware Beaches Bead in the Fall of 2013. Additional exclusive products will be introduced in the Summer of 2014.
The original store was started by Michaels father, Andrew F. Gallagher. Andrew served in World War II before opening the store in 1948. He began his watchmaker and jewelry training but was interrupted by his call to serve in the Korean War. He again returned to Delaware and went on to be one of the most respected and trustworthy jewelers in Delaware. He had several stores in various locations throughout New Castle County until he retired in 1989. After his official retirement, Andrew became bored with retirement and decided he missed the jewelry industry and returned to work to assist his son, Michael and Michaels wife, Kathleen, at the new location in Fox Run Shopping Center, Bear. Andrew worked with his son until his death in 1995. Michael continued to follow in his fathers footsteps; offering quality merchandise and personalized service in a friendly relaxed atmosphere.
Michael Gallagher Jewelers does not endorse high-pressure sales techniques or sales gimmicks.
The Gallagher name in Delaware has always been synonymous with trust in the jewelry industry in Delaware. Michael is a trained GIA jeweler and along with his wife completed Advanced Laser Training. Michael and Kathleen are also very involved with animal welfare in Delaware.
- Estate Jewelry
- Gold & Silver Jewelry:
- Class Rings, Weddings Bands, Charms, Mountings, Chains, Bracelets, Earrings, Watches
- Broken or Mismatched Jewelry
- Dental Gold
- Sterling Silver:
- Bowls, Cups, Trays, etc.
- Gold & Silver Coins
- Premium Paid for Designer Jewelry
To sell any of the items listed above you must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum of 21 years old
- Provide a valid proof of identification (Driver's License, Military ID, etc.)
- Jefferson Awards 2006 Contribution to the Community (Michael and Kathleen Gallagher)
- Tri-State Jewelers Association, 2007 - Jeweler of the Year for work with Community Welfare
- Jeweler of the Year 2008, Delaware News Journal
- Best Place to Purchase an Engagement Ring - 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 Delaware News Journal
- Faithful Friends, No-Kill Shelter - 2009, Animal Welfare Business Award
- Jeweler of the Year 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014 Finalist, Delaware News Journal
- Winner - 2015, Best Wedding Band and Best Jewelry Designer, Delaware News Journal
- Jewelers of America
- Tri State Jewelers Association
- PA Jewelers Association
Terms of Service
Some products may appear smaller or larger then their actual size. We have attempted to accurately depict all merchandise on this site. Carat total weight in each purchase may vary 0.05 from stated weight in compliance with industry standards and FTC regulations.
We reserve the right to correct any errors or omissions on this site and all our prices are subject to change at any time. We do not honor erroneous pricing.